Great Reasons To Join As A Social Member
- Firstly, you will be supporting your local club. With everyone having busier lives and less opportunities for social interaction nowadays, we can offer a unique opportunity to make friends and connect with like-minded people in your local community and should you wish, become part of a team.
- Located on the beach with one of the best views across Port Phillip Bay to Arthur’s Seat and Mt Martha, Safety Beach Sailing Club isan inclusive club hosting regular member and music nights, special functions and more. The Social Committee are continually planning events, so whether you sail or not, there is always something fun to do at the clubhouse.
- Social membership at Safety Beach Sailing Club allows you, as a member, to come and enjoy a meal and a drink with 10% off menu prices (member's discount).
- As a social member you may sign in family and friends as your guest so they can also share the wonderful views and facilities of our clubrooms.
- Social members are entitled to sail up to 3 times a year during any one sailing season, without being a full member. You may also store your kayak or SUP at the club for a small additional fee (subject to availability).
- Social members are eligible for a discount on venue hire after two years continuous membership.
- We welcome interested social members to become involved in the club with a range of activities to select from e.g. assisting with sailing activities, either on the water or behind the scenes during Regattas, or even being part of a subcommittee. If you would like to become involved with any of our committees or sailing activities, please send us an email and we can introduce to you the relevant people.
- We are delighted to have an all-encompassing club that contains a well-rounded membership of sailors and non-sailors, hence the reason social membership exists – to be able to offer something for everyone.
Please contact the Membership Secretary at
You can download the membership application form here