Safety Beach Sailing Club provides yachting activities for all ages and levels of experience. The Club house is situated on the beach at the entry to the Martha Cove marina precinct and offers wonderful views of the the surrounding shoreline, and provides an excellent vantage point for spectacular sunsets over the bay.
The club runs Off The Beach (OTB) and Keel Boat races, as well as training sessions for both youngsters and those young at heart wanting to learn a new sport.
The club facilities include
- Club house
- In-house catering Friday nights all year, Thursday during summer and Sundays on race days.
- Kiosk on the foreshore on Sundays
- Function rooms
- OTB boat storage and launching area
- Training boats
- Training courses
Our membership year runs from 1 July – 30 June
SBSC offers two main sailing seasons per year
Summer Sailing Season is from October to April
Friday Nights – keelboat twilight pursuit race
Sundays – off the beach and keelboat racing
Winter Sailing Season is from May to September
Sunday - keelboat racing
- Locker Fee $25.00 p.a.
- ** for Senior family members only
- If Joining after the start of the sailing year (July), pro-rata membership is available as of 28 February
- For definition of membership categories, please go to Categories
- * Boat storage is subject to availability and must be applied for each sailing season
- Social members are able to sail 3 times in the year and can store 1 Kayak subject to availability
Interested in joining our club? See the New Members page
If you want to try racing before your join, you can apply for up to 6 Sail Passes. Go to the Sail Pass page for details. If you are after details about OTB/Kayak boat storage, you will find this on the Yard Storage page.
Membership Application Forms are available to download click here