News from the Tower
Last Week's Racing
Wednesday 8th January
Southern Mains & Drains Holiday Series - Race #7
|3rd||Anna / Sport Phillip||Jamie Robertson|
Southern Mains & Drains Holiday Series
|3rd||New Morning II||Gordon Thomas|
Big thank you to our sponsor Southern Mains and Drains who provided great daily prizes and the CASH for the Race to the Middle which was kindly donated to the Bushfire Relief Fund - a great outcome for all.
Friday 10th January 2020
Twilight Pursuit Series #2 Race 1
Unfortunately the race was Cancelled as a Gale Warning was current on Port Phillip Bay however, many of the crews thoroughly enjoyed their evening back at the club and a great sunset after all the nastiness eventually did settle down.
Saturday 11th January 2020
Club Championship Race 5
|3rd||Mr Bojangles||Pauline Cleaver|
|2nd||Mr Bojangles||Pauline Cleaver|
For the MYC / SBSC Combined Race results please CLICK HERE
All the summer season results can be viewed at Keelboat Results 2019-20
Next Weeks Races
Wednesday 15th January 2020
|Race #4:||Pursuit / Tower Start|
Start Sheet is available HERE
Friday 17th January 2020
Female Helm Race / Series
|Race #3:||Pursuit / Tower Start|
|First Warning Signal:||17:25H|
|Tower Team:||Dianne & Mark|
START SHEET HERE. Please note the earlier start time for this race. See more details below.
Saturday 18th January 2020
Summer Series Race 5 - MYC Hovell Pile Race
|First Warning Signal:||9:55H|
- Special Sailing instructions for the race are available at Hovell Pile Race SSI's
- The First Warning Signal is at 9:55H and the start will be at Mornington YC so please allow enough time to get there.
- Please make sure you Sign On and Sign Off with MYC as per the SSI's.
- There will be a briefing held at MYC at around 9:15am however, we are hoping to email out a copy of the briefing notes prior to the race start.
- Unfortunately, due to a private function the club will not be open after the race on Saturday
Chirping Bird - Female Helm Race
The next race in this series is being held on Friday 17th January with the first warning signal at 17:25H.
- Female Helm to be a member of Safety Beach Sailing Club (Social Members Included)
- One helmsperson to be nominated. Please provide details to the Safety Beach Tower on VHF 69 when Signing On for the race.
- Four race in the series with three races to count
- 1st Place gets to celebrate with a bottle of Chirping Bird Wine thanks to Rod Smallman
Although the club is always keen to encourage female participation we ask that only one person nominate for the role of helmsperson in this series.
15th February 2020 – West Offshore Coastal Sprint with a start at 7 am and 50nm. This race is short and sweet to either give you a taste for ocean racing or a way to develop your crew skills, whether that be double-handed or fully crewed. These races start off Queenscliff and being 50nm will have everyone home Saturday night. Entries are open here https://www.orcv.org.au/sailing/races/coastal-sprint-series
22nd and 23rd February 2020 – Safety and Sea Survival Course. Learn and experience the techniques for staying safe whilst being on the water.
Skippers and crew will develop practical strategies for avoiding or coping with emergencies and familiarisation with safety equipment, it’s purpose, deployment and use.
The course incorporates both theory and practical sessions.
Book for the full 2 day course or revalidation 1 day course https://www.orcv.org.au/training/safety-sea-survival-course-sssc
Change to Sailing Instructions
Sail Peninsula 2020
Sail Peninsula 2020 is only FIVE WEEKS away so get your entries in now. CLICK HERE TO ENTER