Skippers & Crews Meeting
Is being held at 10:00am on Sunday 18th October via Zoom. The meeting will include the following:
- Peter Bulka will give a short presentation on the ORCclub measurement system
- Geoff Eldridge will present a summary of the changes to the Racing Rules of Sailing 2021-24 which come into effect in January 2021
- Review of the Covid 19 Return to Sailing Plan.
Zoom meeting details will be sent to the Keelboat Skippers and Crews the week before the meeting.
- Completed and Signed Category 5 Safety Declaration Form. Safety Declaration Form HERE
- Copy of your current Insurance Certification
- Current AMS Certificate (if applicable)
Risk Management Update
As a result from last week’s newsletter we have been able to put together a very keen and experienced Risk Management Committee.
- Duncan McColl
- Glenn Graeme
- Deidre Snooks
- Ross Martin
- Geoff Eldridge
Reporting Concerns/Incidents/Near Misses- Please!
To assist the RM Committee in their upcoming review/planning we need to know the thoughts of club members. If you have any concerns about current hazards/procedures, both on and off water, please email/call me. If you have experienced or observed any incidents/near misses we need to know about these too. Much can be learnt and we need to avoid situations being repeated.
Pauline Cleaver (Mr Bojangles)
It is quite a challenge keeping track of the current restrictions and how they apply to boating however, a good source of information is the 'Best Boating Victoria' website. Please click HERE for the latest information.
As more information comes to hand we will endeavour to post it on the Safety Beach Sailing club Facebook page as soon as practicable so keep an eye out for any updates which can be viewed by clicking SBSC Facebook.